Our friends, Johnny & Lara (who you might remember from my wedding!) will walk down the aisle together this coming Sunday. As with any wedding in which you know the bride and groom, I am beyond excited. However, this wedding will take place in London, England — not exactly our backyard. This is the perfect excuse for a trip abroad!
And since you can’t go to Europe and only visit one country (at least in my book you can surely try to see more than one country!), we’re taking a side trip to Paris. No big deal.
The top five things I am looking forward to while on our trip to the other side of the pond:
5. Sightseeing – Four years ago we found ourselves in London for another couple’s wedding and had a chance to do the tourist thing. I’m excited to see some new and maybe not-so-mainstreamed sights this time. The last time I visited Paris I was a teeny 3 year-old. I can’t wait to check out everything there, including the beautiful Eiffel Tower and The Louvre !
4. Eating out every day – Let’s face it, taking a break from your kitchen great, especially when it will involve a few days of fancy Parisian food! Thanksgiving in Paris is sure to be a treat.
3. Ladurée – I know I already said food, but this pastry shop in Paris is partially credited for the modern day french macron. We literally stumbled upon their only American location while in New York for my 30thbirthday. That was my first macron experience and nothing else ever compares. Hello Caramel with Salted Butter, Blackcurrent Violet, and Pistachio tiny pockets of yum!!! There’s even a line of Incroyables Macrons. Incroyables people, Incroyables.
Also this video. It makes me shiver with excitement.
2. Photographing ALL THE THINGS — I love taking my camera with me to see and do exciting things. Expect wonderful, photo-filled blog posts upon my return.
1. Celebrating friends! – friends getting married, friends with a new baby girl, friends just being with friends!! And let me tell you I can’t wait to hug Jacki’s face right off. We met at BlogHer and she is graciously opening her home in Paris to Mike and I. This is sure to be EPIC.
Do you have a top 5 list for Thanksgiving?
Also, any last minute recommendations for London or Paris?